Wood Creek is a deed restricted community.
Deed restrictions have been recorded in New Castle County records on several occasions (Record P103, page 142, 14 November 1978; Record T105, page 192, 7 May 1979; Record B108, page 100, 7 November 1979; Book 212, page 121, 31 January 1985; Book 300, page 26, 31 March 1986; Book 492, page 233, 9 January 1987) in order “to create…a residential community for the benefit of said community; and…to provide for the orderly preservation of property values for the individual dwelling lots and individual dwelling units in said community…” The relevant restrictions are listed below.
- No trade, business, commerce, industry or occupation shall be conducted on any residential building lot or in any building erected thereon except where the professional office or studio of a physician, surgeon, dentist, lawyer, architect, musician, artist, teacher, real estate broker, registered nurse, or other similar professional person, who resides in a dwelling unit on the premises and incidental to such residence maintains his professional office in said structure. (1979)
- No trailer, basement, tent, shack, garage, barn or other outbuilding erected…shall at any time be used as a residence temporarily or permanently, nor shall any structure of a temporary character be used as a residence. (1979)
- No animals, livestock or poultry shall be raised, bred or kept on any lot, except that dogs, cats, or other household pets may be kept, provided that they are not kept, bred or maintained for commercial purpose. No noxious or offensive trade or activity shall be carried on upon any residential lot, nor shall anything be done thereon which may be or become an annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood. (1979)
- No hedge or mass planting shall be erected or permitted except to the rear and side of the main house structure. (1979)
- Private Residences. Each lot in the property shall be used for private residential purposes only and no buildings of any kind except private dwelling units shall be erected or maintained thereon. (1985)
- Trailers, Mobile Homes, etc. No temporary structure, including trailers and mobile homes, shall be permitted or maintained on any lot. (1985)
- Animals and Pets. No animals or any kind other then usual household pets shall be kept or maintained upon any lot. (1985)
- Vegetable Gardens. No vegetable gardens shall be kept or maintained in side or front yard areas. (1985)
- Television and Radio Antennas. No permanent or temporary television or radio receiving or transmitting antenna shall be installed, constructed, placed or maintained on any lot, except that same may be installed, constructed, placed and/or maintained if it is attached to the dwelling house on such lot, provided that it shall not exceed in height the peak of the roof of said dwelling house by more than ten (10) feet. (1985) No Satellite dishes shall be placed or maintained on any lot. (1986)(1987)
- Trash Receptacles. Trash receptacles shall be kept in enclosed areas, hidden from view, excepting on regular collection days, when they may be placed temporarily at the curb. (1985) Trash must be covered in cans or sealed plastic bags. (NCC Ordinance)
- Prohibited Vehicles. No trucks, buses, travel trailers, boat trailers, boats, utility trailers, campers or disabled vehicles of any description shall be kept or maintained on any street, lot or driveway, except that any of the same may be kept within enclosed garages and, except that pick up trucks up to an including 3/4 ton and enclosed vans up to 10,000 lbs. G.V.W. are permitted, provided that they do not exceed a height of seven (7) feet. (1985)
- Fences. No fence shall be erected on any lot closer to the front street line then the rear face of the dwelling on said lot. No fences shall be of a height of more than four (4) feet and all fences shall be constructed only of wood except that fences enclosing in ground swimming pools may vary from these restrictions to the extent, and only to the extent, required by law, ordinance or regulation. (1985) No Fence shall be erected on any lot (1986) (1987)
- Signs. No signs of any nature shall be erected, placed or maintained on any lot…except that a single real estate “For Sale” sign may be so placed and maintained. (1985)
- Swimming Pools. No above ground swimming pools shall be constructed or maintained on any lot. In ground swimming pools may be constructed and maintained thereon.
- Hot tubs and Saunas. No hot tubs or saunas are permitted in the side or front yards. (NCC building codes)